I make paintings, murals, and other public art that focuses on the beauty of the natural world and the different ways that humans impact it. As a kid, I developed a deep empathy and connection to the plants, animals, and environment all around me and I see and feel a tremendous beauty that I want to preserve for future generations.
I hope my work will help others to reimagine their position in the web of life. The hierarchical view of nature that has pervaded scientific inquiry since the age of Aristotle has allowed humans to tell a story in which domination of the planet and all forms of life is the standard of achievement. I strive to retell that story so that we can be more egalitarian and regenerative in the decisions we make and the ideas we propagate. We face many challenges in the future due to the short-sighted decisions of the past, but I hope my work can inspire others to move forward in a more thoughtful, constructive, and hopeful way.
2004-2008 RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN (RISD), BFA Illustration. Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.
2013-2015 SCHOOL OF THE MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS (SMFA), Certificate Graphic Design. Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
2017-2019 (expected completion) HARTFORD ART SCHOOL, MFA Interdisciplinary Art. Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.A.
- People’s Choice Award at the Salem Arts Festival for “Colony.” Salem, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2018)
- Juror’s Prize for “Trapped.” ArtsWorcester, Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2017)
- Key to the City of Worcester for POWWOW! Mural. Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2016)
- BRA Working Artist Certification. Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2015)
- American Illustration. Chosen Artist Award. Online Exhibition. (2009)
- Illustration West 47, Society of Illustrators Annual, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. (2008)
- “Animalism”, Gallery 263, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2018)
- “Evolution”, Gallery Z, Lowell, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2017)
- Starving Artist Gallery, Keene, New Hampshire, U.S.A. (2012)
- “ARTSE”, Street Theory, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Healing Nature: Human Vision, Art and the Environment”, Cape Cod Museum of Art, Dennis, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Fay Chandler Emerging Artists Awards”, Boston City Hall, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Kingdom Animalia: Illustrations from New England”, Eastern Connecticut State University, Willimantic, Connecticut, U.S.A.
- “Earth Mother”, Gallery Z, Lowell, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Happy Our!”, NineDot Gallery, Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Seventeenth ArtsWorcester Biennial”, ArtsWorcester, Worcester, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Women’s Works: 30th Anniversary”, Old Courthouse Arts Center, Woodstock, Illinois, U.S.A.
- “UFG: The First Five Years”, UFORGE Gallery, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Members Show 2016” Mosesian Center for the Arts, Watertown, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “UFG: The First Five Years” UFORGE Gallery, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “The Holiday Show”, Pearl Street Gallery, Chelsea, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Black Mass”, Eridanos, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Wicked and Weird” UFORGE Gallery, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Showcase of Contemporary Art”, The Brush Gallery, Lowell, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “One Year Anniversary Show”, Revival Gallery, Fitchburg, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Current”, Rumor Nightclub, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “Crisis and Response”, Red Sun Press, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- “The Art of Illustration”, Towson Arts Collective, Towson, Maryland, U.S.A.
- “Society of Illustrators: Illustration West: 47”, Gallery Nucleus, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.
- “Bang!”, RISD Illustration Gallery, Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A.
Murals and Public Art
- “Colony Mural” for the Salem Arts Festival, Salem, MA, U.S.A. (2018)
- “POWWOW! Worcester” International Mural Festival, Worcester, MA, U.S.A. (2016)
- “Bee Piano”, Fitchburg, MA, U.S.A. (2015)
- “Whale Talk” for the Paintbox program, Boston, MA, U.S.A. (2015)
- “Marion Stoddart Nashua River Mural“, Riverfront Park, Fitchburg, MA, U.S.A. (2014)
- “Whale Talk Mural”, SiKanda, Oaxaca de Juarez, Oaxaca, Mexico (2013)
- “Collaborative New England Mural”, Twin Rivers Casino, Lincoln, RI, U.S.A. (2007)
- Nomad9 Residency with Hope Ginsburg, Miami, FL (2018)
- Nomad9 Residency at Laberinto Projects, Lago de Coatepeque, El Salvador (2017)
- Nomad9 Residency with Linda Weintraub, Rhinebeck, NY (2017)
- ARQUETOPIA Residency, Oaxaca de Juarez, Oaxaca, Mexico (2013)
- ROLLSTONE STUDIOS Resident Artist. Fitchburg, Massachusetts, U.S.A. (2011)
- Backlash Beer Company
- CapitalOne Bank
- Dancing Goat Dairy
- The City of Boston
- The City of Fitchburg
- The City of Salem
- The City of Somerville
- The City of Worcester
- Insight Editions
- Merrimack Valley Magazine
- Nirvana Chocolates
- Whole Terrain Magazine (Antioch University New England)
Interviews and Press
Memberships and Affiliations